Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nineteen Point Two to Go (Session 7)

Time: 1 Hour 8 Minutes (with a couple of two minute breaks here and there)
Distance: 7 Miles
Location: Silver Lake Park

No excuses. I did not run during the week. It's hard to work it into the schedule, and I can only work it in if I can wake up early enough and start my day with a run (until daylight begins to remain past 6pm).

I made a conscious decision to begin using my ipod again. I realize that running past a 1 hour time frame with nothing aside from my own thoughts to keep my mind preoccupied really is the most difficult part of running. And while I already knew that, it hadn't really hit me until I did away running with music. Even with the music however, the distance was not easy as it should have been, because of how quickly my mind became restless. I know I have to just suck it up and keep pushing, but knowing that it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any easier is just a sickening thought.

Post run: I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment