Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Be the Turtle (Session 3)

Time: 51 Minutes
Distance: 5.1 Miles (5 Minute break after 1st mile)
Location: College of Staten Island Track

Only two days after my last session and training is going smoothly. Disciplining myself is becoming much less tedious, and the urge to race against the clock is becoming much easier to ignore. I did have a slip on the track when I came across a fellow runner running at a faster pace than I, and I "unconsciously" (lies!) began to pick up my pace to keep up with him... right up until the mosquito-like annoyance of my heart rate monitor started to freak out. That quickly snapped me out of it, and I went back to my proper pace control. I know my speed will rise naturally as my distance increases, but old habits are hard to kill.

Post Run: These knee aches aren't getting any less bearable; fortunately the pain doesn't last long. I am aiming for a completely doable 6 miles next session. I'm also just about ready to depart from strictly training on the track.

Additionally: It is official! My guaranteed entry into the ING NYC 2010 Marathon has been accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment