Friday, January 15, 2010

Ready, Aim, Run! (Session 1)

Time: 30 Minutes
Distance: 3 Miles+ (Approximately) / 2 Min. Water Break half way in
Location: College of Staten Island Track

Finally after the healing of my tibia stress fracture, I officially begin my training for the 2010 ING NYC Marathon. It's a bit later than expected, and 7 weeks of rest damn near killed my stamina, but I've got eight and a half months to prepare and no time to waste.

I'm trying to give up the music, as it messes up with my pacing, so I ran sans Ipod. I also broke out my new Garmin 305 GPS Heart Rate Monitor. It's quite awesome, and makes a world of a difference. It keeps track of my heart rate, distance, pace, and did I mention heart rate? I can't believe I trained without one of these things for so long, finally I can hold complete control of my pacing without steadily burning myself out by unconsciously increasing speed too soon.

The NIKE Fit and Under Armour cold gear I purchased a few weeks backs works amazingly as well. With 40 degree weather to deal with, I barely even felt the wind chill.

Post run: The knees ache some, and there will probably be some soreness tomorrow; but other than that I feel great! Goal is to re-up it to 4 miles next session!


No comments:

Post a Comment